Thursday, March 25, 2010

We're Back!

First things first...Sorry I haven't posted anything new in a couple of weeks. It's taken a while to get back on a regular schedule and organize everything from one of the most incredible/exhausting trips of my life!

We left Friday, March 5th at 10:00 PM and didn't get back until Sunday, March 14th. I was definitely pooped, and it felt great to finally sleep on the ol' "wood frame" bed in the dorms. I know we were all anxious to get back near the end, and even though we've only been in Krakow about a month, it's crazy how quickly a place can become home.

Below is a map of our travels(thank you for making life easy, google). Click on the picture to enlarge it.

2264 miles(or the distance between New Jersey and Nevada. ha)

I would have to say my favorite stop was Cinque Terre. Even though I had never heard of it before this trip, it is a town of five beautiful villages along the Ligurian Sea. We ate lunch at this restaurant right on the water, and had some of the best salad, seafood, and wine. Delicious. I could definitely retire there someday.

Along the coast of Cinque Terre

The most exciting place was probably Rome...I'll have an entire post for this, later.

A public space that exuded architectonic qualities is...just kidding. I am not going to bore you with that much architecture. However, it is surreal to see buildings and places that have been around for centuries. Another thing I thought was neat is that most of the churches we visited still have services every Sunday. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of people have come through those doors...

All in all, it's so difficult to describe our entire trip in words because there was always so much going on. I was definitely trigger happy on the camera, and ended up with over 1200 pictures. Obviously, I won't post them all, but I will get pictures from both Austria and Italy onto flickr.

You stay classy, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment